Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why I love my church

This is what we talked about today in Sunday school. Since I'm not one to speak up in class, I wanted to list my reasons for loving Sevier Heights Baptist Church here on my blog. It really has been a wonderful blessing to be a part of this church for the past 7 years, and I look forward to being here for many years to come. If you live in the Knoxville area and don't have a home church or are looking for a new one, I encourage you to visit SHBC. It is wonderful! Click here to go to their website.

1) Pastor Hollie Miller preaches the Word in an open, honest and clear way. He gives you the truth even if it's not politically correct and what the world wants to hear.

2) The music is AWESOME! I am already worshipping every Sunday before the sermon even starts. I love music and am blessed by it. Our choir and orchestra are truly touched by God.

3) The children's ministry not only cares about the physical well being of our children, but they truly care about helping to make them followers of Christ. The teachers love our kids! I look forward to my girls growing up in this church.

4) Sevier Heights is committed to following the Great Commission, Matthew 28:19-20: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

There are so many other great things that I could talk about, but these are the top 4 that came to mind. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Preach it sister! Isn't it great to find a church home...that"s like a real home! See ya Monday! PS LOve your new suits!

    ReplyDelete