Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snowshoe, WV

Chad and I had the rare opportunity to take a trip by ourselves this weekend. We headed over to Snowshoe, WV for a quick ski trip. Neither of us had ever been there, but I had heard good things from other people who had. The condo was perfect ... the ski conditions were better than I thought but not as good as we had hoped ... and the trip went by way too fast--as always! It turned out to be a horrible time to leave town (Mom didn't feel well and my granny had gotten sick), but everyone chipped in to help out so we went (THANK YOU MOM and SHENOA!). It was great to hang out together and spend some quality time with the hubby. I love you, Chad!

The first night there we were woken up at 12:36 a.m. because someone pulled the fire alarm. We had to go down to the lobby and everything. All I can say is that the kids that did it better be glad my kids weren't there for them to wake up :-)
Ready to get started!
Snowshoe is different than any other place that I have been. The village is at the top of the mountain, and you ski down. There is a lake at the bottom - gorgeous!
On the ski lift. I was probably bundled more than necessary, but I'm a wimp!
Going out to dinner at The Junction. When we ordered dessert, our waiter said it was pretty rich and we might not be able to finish it --- ha ha ha --- he didn't know that we've never met a dessert we couldn't finish. We were going to go to the comedy club this night, but when we found out it didn't start until 9 p.m., we decided cuddling up and watching TV was a better option :-)
Ready for dinner at Foxfire Grill on our last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment